We are glad to have our second release as an official flavor! Here is a list of the release notes.
Mostly a lot of bug/stability fixes were made, here is a list of the main deets:
- Cinnamon 5.8.4
- The themes module in the Cinnamon Settings has an optional view for making simplified themes (This includes being able to configure an easier way to switch between light and dark themes)
- Supporting gestures with touchegg
- Cinnamon Screensaver 5.8.1
- A UI issue with the backup screensaver screen has been fixed
- No longer uses libaccountsservice (can block startup)
- Nemo 5.8.4
- Performance – memory leaks fixed
- Thumbnails generation now uses multiple threads
- Plymouth Theme
- A small update to the Plymouth theme was made – the text now says “Ubuntu Cinnamon” instead of “ubuntucinnamon”, and the bottom of the text is not chopped off.
For a more detailed list of system-specific packages that have been updated (the kernel, systemd, etc.), check out the main Ubuntu Mantic Minotaur release notes.